gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘cgps

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘cgps
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 17:03:43 -0700

Yo Fred!

On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 16:56:47 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Apr 2016, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > Yo Fred!

> > > OK, I'll do that off list (with -b as well).
> > >
> > > From the man page:
> > >
> > >   The device name must start with "/dev/pps"...
> > >
> > > And the actual device name is:
> > >
> > >   /dev/cu.SXBlue3GNSS13043XRA13-S
> >
> > So: ln -s /dev/cu.SXBlue3GNSS13043XRA13-S /dev/pps9
>
> No, opposite problem.  It apparently *thinks* it's a PPS source when
> it's not.  Which doesn't make sense given the above.

Well, if BSD-land, the /dev/cu* could very well be both serial and PPS.

But not in Linux.  And I guess something yet again on mac.

So send me the debug output and I'll get it fixed.

> > 3.6 is getting a tad old.  If we are to trouble shoot we should be
> > on git head.
>
> Yeah, I have a second copy of the hardware that I plan to set up for
> experimentation, but haven't done that yet.

Hehehe, if you have 2, and they disagree, which is right?  You always need
at least 3, and an odd number.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588