gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Python 3 Updates

From: Robert Norris
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Python 3 Updates
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 10:32:45 +0100

> Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 04:38:30 -0400
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Python 3 Updates
> CC: address@hidden
>
> Fred Wright <address@hidden>:
>> I now have Python 3 support fully usable, though there's still some
>> cleanup to do (e.g. a division audit). I've been pushing commits to my
>> GitHub all along, but since there doesn't seem to be much interest in
>> pulling from there, I'll send the patches (12 so far) here.
>
> That is *excellent* work. Merged, thanks.
> --

Unfortunately the 'Adds "target Python" support to SConstruct.' commit seems to
break scons -c (and scons --help):

NameError: name 'python_config' is not defined:
  File "/home/rob/Code/gpsd/SConstruct", line 1223:
    python_env['CC'] = python_config['CC']

So some python variables need to be available in the cleaning or helping path.

Rob.