gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] SemPiTernal - Bounding PPS uncertainty

From: Frank
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] SemPiTernal - Bounding PPS uncertainty
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 08:42:59 -0400

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 8:01 AM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I see one for the module in the AdaFruit HAT here:
>
> https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/datasheets/GlobalTop-FGPMMOPA6H-Datasheet-V0A.pdf
>
> There's a functional description of 1PPS on Page 7, but the description of
> the 1PPS pin on page 13 doesn't give pulse timing.  It does claim 10ns
> typical accuracy,

Hello Eric,

Earlier this week I privately sent you a PDF reference document for the
AdaFruit Hat/Breakout board GPS chip.  It might have the pulse width.  IIRC, I
think it was 100ms.  For those with more experience, does that sound
reasonable?  This link seems to support that:
https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2012-November/072111.html

Thanks
Frank