gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] New 0.5 draft of the SemPiTernal HOWTO

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] New 0.5 draft of the SemPiTernal HOWTO
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 12:11:36 -0400

This is a major simplification.  By installing direct from a Raspbian
Lite image rather than NOOBS, we knock out three hardware
prerequisites (nothing but power and Ethernet need ever be attached to
the Pi) and greatly simplify the optimization step of stripping down
the build after NTP function has been verified.

Now I get to figure out how to install NTPsec to autostart on boot.
Curiously, though Raspbian uses systemd, the control files in the
stock ntp package are clearly System V init scripts.  Er, systemd
does the right thing with those?