gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] timeservice build

From: Frank Nicholas
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] timeservice build
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 13:37:09 -0400

On May 17, 2016, at 10:33 AM, Mike <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

Will/does this build target have an install option available? Being a scons neophyte and not a programmer either, I have caused myself lots of grief with this one.  Or is this just an easy way for a user to build with, then take care of the install on their own?

Mike

Hello Mike,

I assume you are talking about building from source.

In the “gpsd” directory, you can look at the “SConstruct” file.  At the top are comments with the important build targets.

There is an install option:  “install    - install programs, libraries, and manual pages

It is activated by changing to the “gpsd” directory and doing a `scons install`.  This will build & install gpsd.

Thanks,
Frank