gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] scons check - gpsd:ERROR: SER: error setting port attribu

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] scons check - gpsd:ERROR: SER: error setting port attributes: Invalid argument
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 15:07:52 -0700

Yo Jason!

On Mon, 23 May 2016 18:02:21 -0400
Jason Azze <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > Yo Jason!
>
> > CentOS continues to be odd man out.  Can't figure out why anyone
> > would ever use it for anything.
>
> CentOS 7.2 is basically equivalent to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2,
> which is the latest and greatest Red Hat out in the wild. (I might be
> wrong, 7.3 may have just rolled out.)

Ouch.  As you'll recall, Linus has said that redHat is interesintg, it is
just not Linux.

> These are very popular for servers and engineering
> workstations--probably due to how old and stuffy they are.

Yes, SysAdmins love that they never have to patch them, which oddly
correlates with so many of them getting hacked...

I'd still like to fix what ever is going on, but not being a Python/gpsfake
guy I'm a bit at a loss.  Since glibc does not correlate to the issue
maybe it is a kernel or udev thing.  I just can't see how they could
screw up simple pipes...

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588