gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] GNGNS unknown sentence with ublox

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] GNGNS unknown sentence with ublox
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 20:00:42 -0700

Yo Max!

On Wed, 25 May 2016 00:13:22 +0200
Max Schulze <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am using gpsd with an u-blox EVN-M8N (evaluation kit) and I noticed
> that gpsd has some trouble interpreting a message type. However, this
> multi-gnss message seems rather standard and should be supported.
>
> gpsd:WARN: unknown sentence:
> "$GNGNS,120040.00,5033.12853,N,00854.62178,E,DN,10,0.91,120.3,46.5,,0000*64\x0d\x0a"

Odd, I see we have GNGNS samples in our regression tests.  I guess no one
bothered to decode it.  I can't see anything in there not otherwise
available, but prolly worth a decode just for completeness.

Can you confirm your $GNGNS matches this description from Trimble?

http://www.trimble.com/OEM_ReceiverHelp/V4.44/en/NMEA-0183messages_GNS.html

If so, I can add it quickly.

The mode indicator looks weird, never seen two chars for mode.

> (note, the checksum might not be correct anymore. I modified the UTC,
> Lat, Lon)

Uh, why?  You told us your email address.  We now know where you live.  :-)

> If you advise, maybe I can generate better debug logs for additional
> troubleshooting?

I think I have all I need, if you can confirm the u-blox GNGNS matches the
Trimble one.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588