gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] refclock 28 gone wacky on me

From: Frank Nicholas
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] refclock 28 gone wacky on me
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 07:47:11 -0400

> On Jun 9, 2016, at 9:58 PM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Frank Nicholas <address@hidden>:
>> I can tell you from experience, that with the Adafruit hat, and the default
>> sentences, 9600 baud is not fast enough.  Some periodic sentences (period >
>> few seconds) will push a cycle past one (1) second.  Even when used with
>> PPS, eventually it will eventually be marked as a false ticker.
>
> That's odd.  The normal semtence budget including GPGSV should fit inside a
> second.  Are you getting some kind of $PMTK thing that pushes it over?

It’s been a while (years), and at the time it was pure NTP (no gpsd involved).
Whatever the sentences were that were pushing it over didn’t happen very close
together.  I seem to remember that one was reporting if it was using the
external vs. internal antenna and that would probably have been a $PMTK
sentence.  I was using an external antenna.  When I use it with gpsd, is gpsd
“aware” of that chipset and turning some sentences off ($PMTK)?

Thanks,
Frank