gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd_config.h in release tarballs can break rebuild

From: Sanjeev Gupta
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd_config.h in release tarballs can break rebuild
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 15:19:38 +0800

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
There is something a bit fishy here, however.  It's not clear to me why it
was ever necessary to include gpsd_config.h in generated_sources just for
cleaning purposes.  While it is true that SCons's autogenerated cleaning
list can be fragile with respect to files whose creation can depend on
options, I don't see why that ever would have been a problem for the
unconditionally generated gpsd_config.h.  And indeed, if I check out the
code immediately before Sanjeev's fix, then build and clean, I don't see a
leftover gpsd_config.h (though I do see a leftover libQgpsmm.dylib).
Meanwhile, generated_sources is no longer added to the explicit clean list
in recent versions, anyway (I think as part of some cleanup of the clean
stuff I did a while back).

I confess, I am the Sanjeev here :-)

Please see:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-dev/2015-04/msg00015.html
I identified a problem wrongly, thinking that scons was not cleaning well.

Later in the thread, after others had reproduced the error, and the patch was in, I reported that the real problem may be different:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-dev/2015-04/msg00022.html

This is to give context to why it was patched.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane