gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Example code for libgps using shared memory

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Example code for libgps using shared memory
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 11:39:25 -0800

Yo David!

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 13:27:06 +0800
David Huichen Dai <address@hidden> wrote:

> Then I ran xgps, and it got a good fix.
> I also captured packets on the loopback interface and found that xgps
> uses the socket to talk to gpsd because there were traffic to or from
> port 2947.

Cool.

> Afterwards, I compiled and ran the code you sent to me in your last
> email. However, I got nothing at the terminal, not even the "no GPS
> data available ".

Odd.  Maybe run strace to see what wass going on.

# strace -o tmp.out test

Let it run a few minutes.

> One more strange thing is, when I ran the code using socket to talk to
> gpsd,
> I could not get the coordinates either.

You're running as root, right?

> What do you think is the possible problem?

Dunno, since xgps works you are close.

I'd confirm that there are no bits of old gpsd installations
around.  Also check that some crap code like gpsd is not grabbing
port 2947.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588