gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘master/slave gpsd

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘master/slave gpsd
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 18:17:19 -0700

Yo Eric!

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 20:07:20 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > Yo Eric!
> >
> > On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 17:46:49 -0400
> > "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > It used to work.  I think there's a test in the regression suite
> > > that exercises it.
> >
> > No chance it works now.  What should it do?  Request, rare, raw,
> > NMEA or native data?   If can't wait for clients to ask, they may
> > ask fir different things.
>
> What it should do is read the JSON stream over TCP/IP from another
> GPSD instance as though it were a collection of GPS devices.

The slave does read the stream now.  The slave just never asks to be
sent any data, and by default the master does not sent anything but the
VERSION JSON.

So what should the slave gpsd send to the master gpsd?  Something like
this maybe:

{"class":"WATCH","enable":true,"json":false,"nmea":true,"raw":0,"scaled":false,"timing":false,"split24":false,"pps":false}

Since it used to work I guess I'm interested in restoring old behavior.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588