gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Repo and web pages have been re-homed

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Repo and web pages have been re-homed
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 21:27:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019, Gary E. Miller wrote:

Probably about time to do a new release to go with the new repository
address and web page address.  Also the new NMEA 4.10, ZED, SiRFStar V,
multi signal (L1/L2/L5), and Android support are cool new features.

Also, if it hasn't already been done, it would be good to migrate all the existing releases to wherever the new releases will be on GitLab, so that one doesn't need "split horizon" release fetches.

So time to stop any major hacks and do some final polishing.

My short list is mostly:

  ubxtool doc update
  look at 1999 issue

Ideas?

There are a bunch of suspicious warnings in *BSD builds. They're probably not really release blockers, since 3.18.1 didn't build at all on *BSD, but I'll see if I can fix them. It may not be trivial, though, since they may involve the ever-troublesome config flags.

Meanwhile, it would be good to hold off on any changes with a significant risk of breakage until after the release. Each of the last three releases introduced at least one new bug; it would be nice to break that habit. :-)

Fred Wright