gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] gpsd - AT command control on modems

From: Luca Weiss
Subject: [gpsd-dev] gpsd - AT command control on modems
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 19:36:04 +0200

Hi,
I was testing gpsd on the Pinephone devkit [1] with the Quectel EC25-E modem
which also has GPS/GNSS integrated. I could start gpsd fine with "sudo gpsd -N
-D3 -G -F /var/run/gpsd.sock /dev/ttyUSB1" but afterwards I needed to tell the
modem at /dev/ttyUSB2 the command "AT+QGPS=1" to turn on the GPS component (and
"AT+QGPSEND" to stop it again).
So I wanted to ask how I can integrate that into gpsd so it does it
automatically?

I've also seen that ofono provides a "location reporting api"; and there's also
modemmanager which provides seemingly the same functionality; but as most
existing applications seem to use gpsd (except I think anything geoclue based,
as that only supports modemmanager) I would like to get gpsd working properly
for this.

Thanks!
Luca

[1] https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Project_Don%27t_be_evil