gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] ✘asyncio

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: [gpsd-dev] ✘asyncio
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 17:51:04 -0700

Yo All!

I just merged MR22 by Grand Joldes.  It upgrades the python gps module to
work with the asyncio module in Python > 3.6.  It does not break any
existing functionality.

This sort of pretend concurrency has been requested several times lately.
I say "pretend concurenncy" because the Python GIL prevents real
concurrency.  It does add some features, like not waiting for
connect(), that are desireable.

Enjoy!

This is likley the last major change before the next release, so
please start beating on all the gpsd code.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588