gpsd-dev

Re: ✘Doc files: .adoc, .html, .xml

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: ✘Doc files: .adoc, .html, .xml
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 09:11:53 -0500

"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> writes:

> Getting scons to do both will only be a few lines of code.  I could prefer
> AsciiDoctor and fall back to AsciiDoc.  That way nothing would break, and
> I can get Ruby off my RasPi's.

I would really prefer to have one.  WIth a choice we really need
regression tests that check both, and a way to avoid people putting in
markup that works with the flavor  they are using and committing it,
breaking the flavor they aren't using.   So if modern asciidoc is good
enough, let's use it.  If it's not, let's use asciidoctor.   But please
not both.