gpsd-dev

Re: build failure under pkgsrc

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: build failure under pkgsrc
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 07:33:42 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> writes:

> Sorry, I've been out all weekend visting my new grandson.  Back now, and
> behind.

Totally fine - I know how it is.

> I suspect this in SConcript is the problem, it is the only
> palce include/gps.h is mentioned by name:
>
> headerinstall = [env.Install(installdir('includedir'), x)
>                  for x in ("include/libgpsmm.h", "include/gps.h")]
>
> That is similar to how the install location for binaries is set:
>
> binaryinstall.append(env.Install(installdir('bindir'), bin_binaries))
> oWithout your full build log I'm not sure what is working for you so I
> can copy that for gps.h

Good news -- I have reproduced this outside of the pkgsrc build
machinery, just building gpsd by calling scons from git.

The difference from a good build and a bad build that tries to write
$(prefix)/include/gps.h at build time is adding "prefix=/usr/pkg" to the
scons invocation.

I will get you full logs and my build shell script.

But, you might try just adding "prefix=/usr/pkg", while running the
build as a user that is not allowed to write there.  Perhaps with a
root-owned mode 755 /usr/pkg/include.