gpsd-dev

Re: gpsd g10de777bb vs Jackson Labs Micro JLT

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsd g10de777bb vs Jackson Labs Micro JLT
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 18:10:50 -0700

Yo Daniel!

On Thu, 12 Aug 2021 10:02:48 +0930
"Daniel O'Connor" <darius@dons.net.au> wrote:

> We recently got a Jackson Labs Micro JLT at work (to attempt to
> replace a PRS-10 Rubidium standard for bistatic radar operation) and
> I thought I'd try feeding its output to gpsd.

I'd be interested in the detailed comparison.

Cool.  What version gpsd?  From where?

Version 3.23 is out now.

Versions 3.20 to #.22 will fail on 23 October 2021.

> Mostly it seems to work, however I was getting log messages like so:
> gpsd:WARN: cycle-start detector failed.
> gpsd:INFO: Sats used (0):

Yes, normal.

> .. until I enabled GSA messages.

Yes, normal.

> One final problem is that it doesn't seem to parse the GSV messages
> correctly.
>
> If I run 'gpspipe -r --pps' I see (plus my manual parsing of SVs):

You realize the -r maybe psuedo-NMEA?  Nor real NMEA.  I really need the
"superraw" from "-R" to see what is happening.

> $PJLTS,0.28,1.48,68218,6,2.5828650,86.0955,1.1E-12,0,16,0x0*5E

Got any doc you can share on that one?

> However cgps shows..

I'm guessing the GA201, which would be an illegal gnssid:svid combination
is what you want us to see?

No idea on that.  To debug I need the output of:

        gpspipe -R -x 20 > raw.log

> The MicroJLT has a ublox M8T so I assume it uses the same PRN
> numbering.

"same" as what? u-blox, and NMEA 0183, documents many inconsistent PRN
numbering schemes that are user selectable.

Newr gpsd prefers the newer gnssId:svId:sigId scheme.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588