gpsd-dev

Re: scons clean, regress driver

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: scons clean, regress driver
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 03:24:17 -0700

>> It [my script] calls regress-driver which is
>> now broken:
> Works for me.  It just moved to the variantdir (gpsd-3.23~rc2, a.k.a.
> buildtmp).  That happened when all the built files moved to the variantdir.

I figured out what is/was going on.

The first half of scons check builds some stuff.  That includes setting up
whatever regress-driver needs.

I was trying to run my script before running scons check (which takes a long
time).

If you run out of other things to do, you might add a scons pre-check that
does all the build/setup stuff without running any tests.  The idea is that
you can then run scons check several times and diff the log files (or check
the lengths) to look for quirks.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.