gpsd-dev

Unexpected logging from gpsd

From: Mick
Subject: Unexpected logging from gpsd
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:02:36 +0100

Hi,

I recently downloaded the latest version from git, successfully compiled
it and then started it as normal.

All seemed well at first, but I noticed that a lot of logs were being
written to /var/logs/messages. The same basic logs over and over. As a
temporary fix I have created /etc/rsyslog.d/gpsd.conf which sends this
output to a separate file.

Is this logging normal, do I have to set something in SConscript (or
some other file) or has this excess logging been accidentally introduced
in some recent change?

I looked at the codebase but was unable to see why this should be so.

Attached is a version check, my command line and a short section from
/var/log/messages.

BR

Mick Durkin