gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 17:41:30 -0700

Yo Greg!

On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 20:00:43 -0400
Greg Troxel <gdt@lexort.com> wrote:

> "Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> writes:
>
> > The more I pinder this, the more I know we need to know if this
> > is not globc.  gpsd depends on _GNU_SOURCE to turn on a lot of code
> > in system includes.
>
> I wonder about doing feature tests for what we need, with and without
> _GNU_SOURCE and then deciding, but that sounds complicated.

Yup, complicated.

Looking at the source, the only place gpsd (and clientes, etc.) tests
for _GNU_SOURCE is this one for strerror_t().  And in the case of
musl, it does not work.

AFAIK gpsd has never tested for what a function returns before.  But
I see no other path forward given the musl breakage.

OTOH, mgpsd sets _GNU_SOURCE in the includes because otherwise some
functions we use are not available.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588