gpsd-dev

Re: [Security] gpsd integration in oss-fuzz infrastructure

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [Security] gpsd integration in oss-fuzz infrastructure
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 10:37:38 -0700

Yo Arjun!

On Sun, 18 Sep 2022 17:43:37 +0530
Arjun singh <ajsinghyadav00@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I have your attention on security-related issues in gpsd?

Sure.

> To find memory security-related bugs in Project gpsd,
> There is a PR in oss-fuzz:
> https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/pull/8493/

I see it, not sure what we can do with it.

> Can you check the harness for fuzzing in PR,

I can't build it, as I dont run Docker.  So I can't run it.

I looked at the code, but don't understand it.

One thing I do note:

#include "gpsd_config.h"
#include "gpsd.h"

Clients should not be using those files.  They are never installed in
the host when building gpsd.  So how are you getting them?

gpsd has a 3.9MB of regression test input data.  And a test framework to
handle it.  Why not fuzz that data?

> And *vendor_ccs* for who to receive bug reports from oss-fuzz and fix
> them.

gpsd-dev@nongpu.org is fine.

RGDS
GARY