gpsd-dev

Re: Small problem with NMEA feed - satellites_used

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Small problem with NMEA feed - satellites_used
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 11:25:48 -0800

Yo Nick!

On Tue, 13 Dec 2022 19:00:05 +0000
Nick Taylor <nicktaylor@dataskill.uk> wrote:

> Yo Gary
> > Whoops, yes, I removed the initiualization sf satellites_used when
> > satelletites are present in the SKY.  Fix pushed.
> Thanks looks much better
> > But what I really wanted to know is if the problem this was suppoed
> > to fix got fixed?
> >
> I think we are now seeing avail sats count,

Got any data?  Input files?  Output files?

BTW, there is no such thing as "available", only "seen", which is
not the same thing.  "seen" just means that the receciver has the
almanac for a sat, and the sat is above the sat is above the horizon
mask.

> however apparently
> there's a flag SATELLITE_SET which isn't getting set in this new case.

SATELLITE_SET is for when thare are satellites[] is set.  uSat is only
set when satellites[] is not set, so SATELLITE_SET will never be set
when  uSat is set.

> We can work around it if this is intended behaviour?

Which of the two bhaviors you described do you mean?  used vs seen or
SATELLITE_SET.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588