gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Disabling hotplugging and manually connecting to device

From: Pris Matic
Subject: [gpsd-users] Disabling hotplugging and manually connecting to device
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 02:29:55 -0500

Hi all,

I have an application which uses multiple devices that contain a USB to Serial chipset. I'd like to prevent gpsd from automatically detecting and starting communication with any such devices I plug in. I'd much rather have my application test these devices one by one. Is there any way I can prevent gpsd from acting on hotplug events in the first place, and then ask gpsd to test given device addresses one by one (ie, /dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/ttyUSB1, and so on) through my application?

Regards,

Pris