gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] gpsd autostart issue

From: Steve West
Subject: [gpsd-users] gpsd autostart issue
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 17:04:17 -0000

Need a little help

running gpsd 3.6-4 on a RasPi with the current wheezy distro.

I can get everything working with my GPS (BU-353), I can get data through cgps fine. But not after a boot.  Only works if I kill gpsd and then restart it either specifying the USB port

gpsd -N -D3 - F /var/run/gpsd.sock /dev/ttyUSB0

or if i start it by services gpsd start

then it works fine.

I've re-ran "dpkg-reconfigure gpsd" and checked it's all ok and the /dev/ttyUSB0 is set correctly

if I ps -ef gpsd after a boot i get gpsd -F //var/run/gpsd.sock

if I kill it and start by the above methods then gpsd -F //var/run/gpsd.sock /dev/ttyUSB0

so it seems when it's started at point it's not picking up the /dev/ttyUSB0 bit.

Checked the config file and it seems to be listed there ok.

Any ideas ?

Steve