gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Trying to set Stationary Mode on ublox - possible bug i

From: Anthony Stirk
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Trying to set Stationary Mode on ublox - possible bug in gpsctl ?
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 22:51:04 +0000

Further to this apologies for not fully understanding the man page of gpsctl. II retract the comment this is a bug it seems gpsctl is being cleverer than me. It may help if the man page for gpsctl had a note under -x for UBX devices that the message length is also calculated.

So anyway the cold boot command becomes :

gpsctl -b -D 5 -t "uBlox UBX binary" -e /dev/ttyAMA0 -x '\x06\x04\xFF\x87\x00\x00'

Resulting in the expected checksum

gpsctl:IO: => GPS: b56206040400ff87000094f5

However problem still isn't solved as the module never cold reboots so I'm not sure the command is getting there.

Within U-Center, pressing the cold boot button issues B5 62 06 04 04 00 FF FF 02 00 0E 61 to the GPS resulting in a cold boot. When I try to replicate this via gpsctl :

gpsctl -b -D 5 -t "uBlox UBX binary" -e /dev/ttyAMA0 -x '\x06\x04\xFF\xFF\x02\x00'

I get the correct payload : gpsctl:IO: => GPS: b56206040400ffff02000e61

But the module never resets.

Is there anyway to get a binary dump of data coming to and from the GPS module i.e like this : http://pastebin.com/dbEhN48Z to ascertain if the command is even getting there ?

Many thanks,

Anthony M0UPU