gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSCTL do more than you ask him to do.

From: Cuningan Re Set
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSCTL do more than you ask him to do.
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 23:18:13 +0200

Thanks for your answers, i think that the only problem is that in the gpsctl test to detect what kind of gps you have it sends commands in different formats and maybe a commands change GPS configuration.
If I found more time I will try to have a look to the gpsctl source, but my understand of git and C programming in Linux is really poor.
Where I can help if you want us in documenting more useful commands for u-blox gps, I can send you my Python scripts.

El 15/10/2015 23:04, "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> escribió:
Yo Cuningan!

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:07:09 +0200
Cuningan Re Set <address@hidden> wrote:

> As you sure know, i am working with a U-Blox GPS and GPSD.
> And what i found recently is that gpsctl send to the gps more
> commands than you ask it to send.

I never liked the kludge of using gpsctl to send arbitrary commands to a GPS.

I would support extending gpsctl with more canned commands for common
operations.  Everytime I started to look at gpsctl I choked.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588