gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Missing fixes

From: Deven Hickingbotham
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Missing fixes
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 14:15:33 -0800

I'll send the raw data directly to you.  10hz and 4hz.

Please, list only.  I'm not the only one here, there are a lot of interested
lukers.

Sorry, didn't want to clog up everyone's email with large attachments.

Or, better to go u-blox binary.

Question regarding this: the docs say "If your GPS has a native or binary mode with better performance that gpsd knows how to speak, gpsd will autoconfigure that mode."

Does this mean that gpsd will automatically switch into binary mode when it connects to a "known" gps OR does it mean that if gpsd connects of a gps that is already in binary mode that gpsd will adapt accordingly?

And do you really need 10Hz?  What can possibly happen at 10Hz?  Even
the msall mass of a small drone can't change direction, much, at that
rate.

Yes. The GPS is in a car traveling 125+ mph, or 183+ feet per second, or 18+ feet every GPS cycle.

Deven