gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Shared memory 'flags' set?

From: Michael Lum
Subject: [gpsd-users] Shared memory 'flags' set?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:59:29 -0700

Hi,

I'm using the source for gpsd 3.17 and everything works fine using the socket interface with C++ on CentOS 7.
I'm using a Ublox NEO-7 receiver.

Using the socket interface I see:

TIME
LATLON
ALTITUDE
SPEED
TRACK
CLIMB
STATUS
MODE
SKY

However, when I try to use the shared memory interface only a few of the flag fields are set.

I see:

ONLINE
STATUS
DOP
SKY

This looks like the same question posed in gpsd-dev:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-dev/2016-10/msg00017.html

But there are no responses to that thread.

Does anybody have any ideas about what is happening?

PS

STATUS is always coming back =1 for shared memory but =2 when I use the socket interface.
The same machine, antenna, with a simple service restart in between.

Best regards,

Michael

Michael Lum (address@hidden) | STAR SOLUTIONS | Principal Software Engineer
4600 Jacombs Road, Richmond BC, Canada V6V 3B1 | +1.604.303.2315