|Subject:||[gpsd-users] I do not have 3.18~dev working on my Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (in reply to 'Who has 3.18~dev working on a Raspberry Pi?)|
|Date:||Tue, 24 Jul 2018 12:23:28 -0700|
|User-agent:||Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.0|
Just subscribed to the list, after seeing the thread '1PPS not
working with RPi3 B+ and Stretch'.|
I'm having the same/similar issue.
My ntp server is currently running on a copy of gpsd built from repo clone a month ago back on 20jun2018. I didn't save the build dir, but 'strings' shows that it is "release-3.17-58-g70824d3f". This copy runs fine.
However, if I build from the current repo (downloaded yesterday 23jul2019, 'strings' reports "release-3.17-157-g5e95e79c"), my ntp server is non-functional. This new version gives clean and correct cgps output, gpsmon output, ppstest output, ipcs -m output (with correct owner and perms), ...
...but dead silence from ntpshmmon, as Chris Smith reports - only if I run ntpshmmon -v, I get the same "Unit 0 status 1", "Unit 1 status 1", "Unit 2 status 1" etc, extremely rapidly until control-c out of it.
I used the same build options on the 'old' one and the new one -
scons timeservice=yes magic_hat=yes nmea0183=yes fixed_port_speed=115200 fixed_stop_bits=1
I am building on fully updated Raspbian Stretch Lite, on the same hardware (adafruit hat). I tried building it on a bog-fresh (but updated) raspian stretch lite image, identical results.
Let me know if you need more info.
-- Paul Theodoropoulos www.anastrophe.com
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|