gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Maybe beating a dead horse: Week number rollover

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Maybe beating a dead horse: Week number rollover
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 12:13:12 -0800

Yo Adam!

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 14:20:40 +0000
Adam Heller <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think you're right about patching this on the GPSD side. I don't
> think it's going to be practical to do so.

Actually, I don't think you will need a gpsd patch.  You tests have
the GPS clock and the system clock differing.  If they are close, modulo
the rollover, then gpsd should do the right thing.

> We do have a firmware patch from the vendor, going to look into
> automating the install of that when our firmware boots.

That is best, it might fix a bunch of other stuff too.

> I really wish it was as easy as complaining to the vendor.

Or blame the guys that designed GPS thinking that it would be obsolete in
19 years.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588