gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] RTC DS3231 and wrong time at startup

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] RTC DS3231 and wrong time at startup
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 19:10:10 -0700

Yo Massimiliano!

On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 21:05:45 +0200
Massimiliano Fago <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have add to one hardware RTC DS3231 to my system. It working fine
> on i2c connection.

How do you know?  Do you know your system starts and set system time to
the RTC time?

> I think that I have a wrong parameter in /etc/ntp.conf file, because
> when I start my system and gps is not ready, the system time was
> changed in a wrong time.

How wrong?

>  here my /etc/ntp.conf
>
> # GPS PPS reference (NTP1)
> server 127.127.28.1 minpoll 4 maxpoll 4 prefer true
> fudge 127.127.28.1 refid PPS
> fudge 127.127.28.1 flag1 1
>
> # GPS Serial data reference (NTP0)
> server 127.127.28.0 minpoll 4 maxpoll 4
> fudge 127.127.28.0 time1 0.9999 refid GPS

Uh, where are your other NTP chimers?  NTP prefers voting, so at least 3
other chimers should be in your ntp.conf.

What time does your GPS say when it is not ready?  Is gpsd thinking your
GPS is sending a good time when it is not?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588