gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD on Debian 10 (buster): allowing other hosts to acc

From: Florian Petry
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD on Debian 10 (buster): allowing other hosts to access gpsd
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 07:58:41 +0200

Hi,

I have seen some issues with the gpsd socket configuration in systemd in the
past.

My working config here is:

[Unit]
Description=GPS (Global Positioning System) Daemon Sockets

[Socket]
ListenStream=/var/run/gpsd.sock
ListenStream=[::]:2947
#ListenStream=0.0.0.0:2947
SocketMode=0600

[Install]
WantedBy=sockets.target

Point is the commented IPv4 ListenStream option. Apparently IPv6 includes IPv4 there. This config is running for years now, currently on stretch.

I don't know if it helps on debian buster though...

Regards,
Florian