gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Time adjustment problem

From: Massimiliano Fago
Subject: [gpsd-users] Time adjustment problem
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 09:53:42 +0200

Ciao John,

I have a big problem that I don't know how to solve.
In my system I use ntpsec and gpsd with two sources, GPS and PPS. The system has a DS3231 RTC.
I use the system for time tracking in "regular" motorcycle races. The pilots synchronize the time according to what I show on the monitor.
They often complain that the weather changes even by tenths or even a second during the race.
For me this is a big problem that I don't know how to deal with. I must also tell you that the system is not always on, it is turned on a few hours before
of the race.
Do you have any suggestions for me?

Massimiliano