gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd systemd troubleshooting: Draft

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd systemd troubleshooting: Draft
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 13:16:07 -0600

The latest version is attached, also as a diff against the git repo.

On Fri, 4 Oct 2019 16:02:41 -0700
"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> And, no need to talk about the installation in the troubleshooting
> doc. The installation details go in the INSTALL file, just point to
> them.

Done.

I had thought about also referring the reader to build.adoc. But I
figure if they built from source, they already know about it. Should I
add that?

> The doc also assumes a user has installed with "apt", which is not
> present on many systemd(ick) systems.  The troubleshooting needs to
> support whatever method, from the INSTALL file, that the system is
> in.  Possibly a mess of distro and self-installed gpsd.

Done.

> The doc assumes the user is usuing a hot-pluggable GNSS receiver.  The
> majority case case of users with problems is Raspberry Pi users that
> do not have hot-pluggable receivers.

Solved.

In the process of which, I changed the recommended sequencing of some
commands.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com