gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd systemd troubleshooting: Third Draft

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd systemd troubleshooting: Third Draft
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 14:07:16 +0100

On 11/5/19 1:21 AM, Doug Robinson wrote:
> Yo:
>
> As a class three gpsd user, (you know the ones that lurk and seldom
> contribute anything to the dialog),  I would appreciate it if the help
> dialog would be reviewed by the appropriate wizards before it goes in to
> publication.  Bernd I value your contribution and would consider it a
> personal favor.

I'll do when I find the time to do so. Unfortunately it is not as easy
as people seem to think to get this written down in a proper way that
works for those who are using a packaged version of gpsd (which should
actually rely on udev for most cases - and people don't seem to know
about udev rules at all) and also for those who install gpsd from
source. Then we have different distributions with slightly different
ways of packaging things - and I did not yet investigate what the
differences are, if there are any.