gpsd-users

Ubuntu 18.04.3 build from source testing

From: Steve Bourland
Subject: Ubuntu 18.04.3 build from source testing
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 17:31:31 -0600 (CST)

Yo Gary!

Ubuntu 18 is a pretty important platform.  It needs to work.

Got things "working." Most importantly (in my book) scons check passed, xgps is still being wonky, but I think you expected that somewhat. Sadly, my gpsd isn't correcting the week rollover for my Garmin 18x LVC (currently stuck in Garmin binary mode, not responding to my attempts to revert back to NMEA), but since scons check passed with no errors, I'm wondering if I have the right tarball (I seem to recall you indicated that the rollover fix broke several regression tests...and I had no failures)?

I have tried to take careful notes on all the packages I have installed in trying to get things working, happy to share them once I am satisfied that I have it all covered (most likely will want to run through the process again because I know I have "backed up" a couple times).
                                        Thanks,
                                          Steve