gpsd-users

Is version 2.96 available to build from source?

From: Luis Vazquez
Subject: Is version 2.96 available to build from source?
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 09:46:27 -0300

Hi I want to use gpsd for an embedded project. The target is an arm.

The toolchain has an old gcc (3.3.4) so I find some difficulties crosscompiling newer versions, like 3.16, 3.17, 3.20 with scons.

I found that the 2.96 release uses autconf, so I tried that one, but has some weird errors. that I will paste at the end of this email.

Is the tarball still available? I found another question in this mailing list. I clone the git but it says clearly that we don't have to use those releases, that's why I am asking if it's a tarball available somewhere.

Thanks for the help. Well any hint to solve the errors would be highly appreciated. I can write some patch or documentation if needed.

Luis

-----
Makefile.am:136: warning: shell expr $(libgps_VERSION_CURRENT: non-POSIX variable name
Makefile.am:136: (probably a GNU make extension)
Makefile.am:844: warning: '%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
Makefile.am:845: warning: <: non-POSIX variable name
Makefile.am:847: warning: '%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
Makefile.am:848: warning: <: non-POSIX variable name
Makefile.am:890: warning: shell ls $(srcdir: non-POSIX variable name
Makefile.am:890: (probably a GNU make extension)
Makefile.am:905: warning: shell find $(PYTHON_DISTUTILS_SCRIPTDIR: non-POSIX variable name
Makefile.am:905: (probably a GNU make extension)
Makefile.am:34: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
Makefile.am: error: required file './ChangeLog' not found
Makefile.am:16: warning: 'CFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not override it;
Makefile.am:16: use 'AM_CFLAGS' instead
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
-------