gpsd-users

Re: What’s the purpose of device-hook file

From: raaj lokanathan
Subject: Re: What’s the purpose of device-hook file
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 10:02:57 +0800

Hi Gary,

Yes opening the serial port is one but how can the gpsd selects my driver file? Because it has to send those AT command before itself selecting the driver.

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 7:57 AM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo raaj!

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 07:10:23 +0800
raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> If I want to do it in a way without the device hook. Can I do it
> directly from the my_driver.c?

Yes.  Just open the serial port and send your stuff.

> Can I do it through event hook or init
> query?

Yes.  Just open the serial port and send your stuff.

> Exposed in the sense of the AT command can be seen if the hacker
> hacks into the system.

A hacker is in your system, he sees everything already.  Game already over.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

--