gpsd-users

Re: Compiling gpsd to support test_libgpsmm

From: Bryan Christianson
Subject: Re: Compiling gpsd to support test_libgpsmm
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 17:26:30 +1300

Clearly scons -c has exited with some sort of error.

Why have you not done as Gary asked and posted the output of 'scons -c' so he
can help you diagnose YOUR problem.

Not doing as he asked is a huge time-waster for everybody and is just endless
noise in this usually quiet mail list.

> On 29/02/2020, at 3:27 PM, raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> I tried the following command and it stops after scons -c it didn’t execute
> the following commands. I had to do it one by one. But anyways scons -c works
> fine, and scons compiles my gpsd and when I run scons check it fails.
>
> On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 at 2:39 AM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yo raaj!
>
> On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 15:24:52 +0800
> raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Btw what are the dependencies??
>
> It varies wildly depending on distro.  Start by looking at install.adoc.
>
> > It is still not compiling the test_gpsmm.cpp
>
> No surprise.
>
> > Which part of the sconstruct says to do the scons check?
>
> That is like asking what part of a Makefile builds one target.  The
> answer is the whole thing.
>
> > I am not
> > able to figure that out.
>
> I can't help more until you answer my last questions:
>
> > > Reply with the entire output of:
> > >
> > >     scons -c && scons && scons check
>
> RGDS
> GARY
> Gary E. Miller Rellim 109 NW Wilmington Ave., Suite E, Bend, OR 97703
>         address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588
>
>             Veritas liberabit vos. -- Quid est veritas?
>     "If you can't measure it, you can't improve it." - Lord Kelvin
> --
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Raaj Lokanathan

Bryan Christianson