gpsd-users

Re: Driver not able to select

From: raaj lokanathan
Subject: Re: Driver not able to select
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 07:41:03 +0800

In the current gpsd which is the example driver which is non binary text protocol supported?

On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 at 4:05 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo raaj!

On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 15:03:40 +0800
raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have a doubt.

Good.

> I should only create a separate driver if my gnss receiver is binary
> supported is it?

No.  There are also drivers for non-binary text protocols.

> If it's nmea I can create the driver within the drivers.c itself is
> it?

There is already an nmea 0183 driver.  No need for another nmea 0183
driver.  If your receiver sends NMEA sentences that gpsd does not
understand, then just add those to the nmea 0183 driver.

If you send this list the doc on your gnss receiver, and a sample
of the data, then taht would help clarify the issues.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

Thanks and regards,