gpsd-users

u-blox driver alternately gives gives "n/a" or a valid value for altHAE

From: Luke Hutchison
Subject: u-blox driver alternately gives gives "n/a" or a valid value for altHAE and altMSL in NMEA mode
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 18:18:43 -0700

I'm wondering if one of the gpsd developers can please help debug ongoing issues with a u-blox M8N device.

I previously reported a problem while operating with the binary mode protocol, where "Alt (HAE, MSL)" numbers would oscillate between two values (a few meters different) within a single 1Hz update cycle.

I also see a similar problem while operating with the NMEA protocol, where "Alt (HAE, MSL)" numbers will oscillate between the correct numbers and "n/a" within a single 1Hz update cycle.

I posted a video of the behavior, with commandlines and reproduction instructions, and I attached raw logs (for both the binary and NMEA protocols), in this bug report:

https://gitlab.com/gpsd/gpsd/issues/59

Greg has closed this as "not a bug", but refuses to say why it is not a bug. Please can another gpsd developer take a look at this? Thank you.