gpsd-users

Re[2]: NTPsec reports excessive jitter from GPSD/KPPS SHM

From: Nick Burkitt
Subject: Re[2]: NTPsec reports excessive jitter from GPSD/KPPS SHM
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 19:25:58 +0000

Hi Greg.

My reason, which isn't compelling at all, now that I understand a bit more about how gpsd and ntpd interact, was to be able to use the same gpsd and ntpd configurations on multiple variants of my device. Some variants have the GPS connected via a serial port, ttyS0, and others by USB, ttyACMn. I believe that I can simply list (on the gpsd command line) the two potential GPS devices, and follow them with the PPS device, and gpsd and ntpd will not be bothered by the fact that one GPS device never reports any data.

-Nick