gpsd-users

Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 09:34:17 -0700

Yo Florian!

On Wed, 13 May 2020 12:26:13 +0200
Florian Kiera <address@hidden> wrote:

> >      UBX-NAV-SVIN:
> >        version 0 reserved1[0 0 0] iTOW 204030000 dur 0
> >        meanX 0 meanY 0 meanZ 0
> >        meanXHP 0 meanYHP 0 meanZHP 0 reserved2 0 meanAcc 0
> >        obs 0 valid 0 active 0
> Everything got wiped :/

Yup.  How did you do that?

> > Your USB is blocking RTCM3 out.  Are you getting RTCM3 from another
> > port??
> Nope, all through USB.

Well then, that is your hard failure.

> > How are you getting the RTCM3 out of the base into the rover?  The
> > base is blocking RTCM3 out on the USB port.
> RTCM3 whereabouts: Before I used as mentioned in past emails the
> RTKLib's str2str for Base->Caster and gpsd for Caster->Rover. No
> RTCM3 probably causes 3D fix?

Yup.  RTCM3 is the data from the base that the rover uses to adjust
its observations to get an RTK fix.

> > What are you sending to with ubxtool that is not doing what you
> > think it should?
>
> As described below, I just used "gpsd -n /dev/ttyACM0" to get a
> running gpsd and than used the ubxtool command "ubxtool -p STATUS -p
> CONFIG -P 20.30".

Yes, but what did you do before that to enable RTCM3 out from the base and
start the survey-in?

> RTCM3 messages have been turned off and protocol out has been
> modified, as well as the dynModel

Yes, why/how did you do that?

> > Swapping the files would explain what I saw.  But I do not see
> > survey-in in this set of files.  And no RTCM3 out on USB is also a
> > big problem.
>
> That's what I saw too and make me believe ubxtool changed it because
> I haven't touched a single setting until than (and it was streaming
> RTCM before). I don't really know how to use the ubxtool to change
> the settings of the M8P's either.

Asked and answered.  Let us not go in circles.

> All this appeared after using "ubxtool -p STATUS -p CONFIG -P 20.30"

No, that is when you discovered it.

> I've got 2 rover outputs (one where I started gpsd with "gpsd -n
> /dev/ttyACM0 -G ntrip://usr:pw@192.168.1.1:2101/BASIS", the other
> just with "gpsd -n /dev/ttyACM0")

Uh, two gpsd can not use the same tty at the same time.

> since even parsing it with grep
> ended up in a huge mess

I can't comment on messes you make without seeing how you did it.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588