gpsd-users

Re: Using cgps to determine the satellite constellation

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: Using cgps to determine the satellite constellation
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 11:50:57 +0100

From: Gary E. Miller

Your hardware is fine, your software is not.  If you want to get
good performance out of your receiver then you need to upgrade your
gpsd to git head.

RGDS
GARY

Thanks, Gary.

It's not the performance I need to check, simply whether the hardware will receive Galileo satellites, and using the official U-Blox software under Windows should be quite capable of this, so that's the route I will take.

For the Raspberry Pi, I hope that 3.17 will at least read the NMEA Galileo strings and use the data. I do wish there was greater compatibility between versions, though!

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden