gpsd-users

Re: Using cgps to determine the satellite constellation

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Using cgps to determine the satellite constellation
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 07:50:07 -0700

Yo David!

On Wed, 20 May 2020 11:50:57 +0100
"David J Taylor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> It's not the performance I need to check, simply whether the hardware
> will receive Galileo satellites,

I call that performance.  Probably the difference in our native
langauages.

> and using the official U-Blox
> software under Windows should be quite capable of this, so that's the
> route I will take.

Have at it, but we cant help you with that here.  And it certainly does
not run on a Raspberry Pi.

> For the Raspberry Pi, I hope that 3.17 will at least read the NMEA
> Galileo strings and use the data.

Nope.  Newer u-blox use newer NMEA that is not supported in 3.17.

Older NMEA knows little of constellations.  New NMEA does, in several
incomatible ways.

> I do wish there was greater
> compatibility between versions, though!

If the world would just stop moving then we could catch up!

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588