gpsd-users

Re: gpsrinex - smaller than 1s epoch interval

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsrinex - smaller than 1s epoch interval
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 08:01:52 -0700

Yo Felix!

On Wed, 20 May 2020 15:08:32 +0200
"Felix Horvat" <address@hidden> wrote:

> thanks Gary for the quick changes. I wrote some comments on gitlab.

Replied to there.  Please test the code.

> Is the bad data for fast readout also true for new multiband receiver
> like the ZED-F9P? They almost certainly don’t mention anything in the
> datasheet that would indicate lower accuracy besides a (much) higher
> power consumption.

Dunno.  Someone needs to run real tests.

> The use case is kinematic PPP for aerial imagery on fast moving
> platforms.

The vague reports I have heard are for race cars doing 100+ mph.

What is your idea of fast?  u-blox defines at least 10 categories
of fast.

You may find this interesting:

https://gpsd.io/ubxtool-examples.html#_dynamic_platform_model

RGDS