gpsd-users

Segfault after upgrade.

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Segfault after upgrade.
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 11:46:04 +0100

Having got one Raspberry Pi working with a fresh backport install of 3.20 (RasPi 4B, 4GB, 4.19.97-v71+) , I tried the same procedure on another pi (B, 512 MB, 4.19.97+ Buster), which already had 3.17 installed. I removed the 3.17, and installed the 3.20 backport, but now I get segfaults when running "cgps -V" or "gpsd -V". Minicom shows serial data flowing and the serial port name is correct. Reboot didn't fix. Reinstalling 3.17 and it all works, but of course no extended views in cgps and no ubxtool.

I don't know how to debug this.

Thanks,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu