gpsd-users

Re: Illegal instruction....

From: Paul Theodoropoulos
Subject: Re: Illegal instruction....
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 11:11:18 -0700

On 5/25/2020 10:51 AM, David J Taylor wrote:

Yes, it's all built from the same source, and on the target system.  A build takes about 30 minutes.  The gpsd, cgps and ubxtool all work correctly. Nothing should have come from the distro and made sure to delete the distro versions.  It's a good question where the headers came from, though.  I need to work through that tomorrow.

The only CPU differences I'm aware of are number of cores and ARM level.

I'll check further tomorrow.

Cheers,
David

A quick sanity check - when you say that you 'made sure to delete the distro versions' - did you run

apt purge gpsd

?

That's the only way to ensure that anything apt installed truly gets removed.

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com