gpsd-users

Re: Questions about decoding subframe messages (ublox F9P)

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Questions about decoding subframe messages (ublox F9P)
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 17:40:54 -0700

Yo Curtis!

> Ugh, my brand new F9P is version 27.10, which does not have
> UBX-RXM-SFRBX.
>
> I'll have to update to test.

I just wasted two hours trying to get u-center to update my F9P from
PROVER 27.10 to 27.11.  I tried under wine, and under virtualbox.

In both cases, u-center sees the device fine, pretends to update,
returns with no error messages, and leaves the receiver in a state
requiring a power cycle.

My windows had not run for manyh months, and in the time it booted, it
caught a virus.

I hate windows and u-center.

There is no way I can duplicate what you see with your PROTVER 27.11
when I have 27.10.

At this point all I can suggest is that while your gpsd is running, do this:

$ gpspipe -w | fgrep SUBFRAME

Let it run for at least 13 minutes to see if you get output.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588