gpsd-users

Re: Questions about decoding subframe messages (ublox F9P)

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Questions about decoding subframe messages (ublox F9P)
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 06:33:04 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

> I just wasted two hours trying to get u-center to update my F9P from
> PROVER 27.10 to 27.11.  I tried under wine, and under virtualbox.
>
> In both cases, u-center sees the device fine, pretends to update,
> returns with no error messages, and leaves the receiver in a state
> requiring a power cycle.
>
> My windows had not run for manyh months, and in the time it booted, it
> caught a virus.

I think things are going to be getting better later in the year.  I
heard that Windows 11 will have systemd and once you plug in a ublox it
will start u-center automatically, and that will automatically
check/fetch/update firmware without even asking for confirmation.
Apparently it will be so fast that it will only take about 15% of the
MTTV (mean time to virus).